Effective Date: August 27, 2020
VOOY («we», «us» or «our») operates the website www.vooyapp.com and the VOOY mobile app (the «Service»).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Collection and use of information
We collect various types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of data collected
VOOY collects the following:
• Data provided by users to VOOY, such as data generated during account creation.
• Data created while using our services, such as device details, location and use of the app.
• Data from other sources, such as VOOY Partners or third parties.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of VOOY:
A).- Data provided by users. This includes the following:
• User Profile:
We collect data generated when users create or update their VOOY accounts, which may include their name, email, phone number, username and password, address, profile photo, payment details, government identification documents, such as driver’s license numbers and images, date of birth, signature and photo. Also included are vehicle or insurance information for Driver And Delivery Partner, and user settings. We may use photos sent by Driver Partners or Delivery Partners to verify their identities, using technologies such as facial recognition.
• Background and identity check:
We collect data on the background and identity verification of Driver Partners and Delivery Partners, such as driving history, criminal record (where permitted by law) and right to work. An authorized provider may collect this information on behalf of VOOY. We also collect identity verification data from customers who order alcoholic beverages.
• Demographic data:
We may collect demographic information about users, including through surveys targeting users.
• User Content:
We collect information that users submit when they contact VOOY customer support, give ratings or recognitions to other users or Partner Restaurants, or contact VOOY in some other way. This may include comments, photographs, or other recordings collected by users.
B).- Data created while using our services. This includes the following:
• Location data:
If you allow it, we collect accurate or approximate location data from your mobile device. For Driver Partners and Delivery Partners, VOOY collects this information when the VOOY app runs in the foreground (open and on-screen app) or in the background (open app, but not on screen) of your mobile device. For users and customers, VOOY collects this data when the VOOY app runs in the foreground. Users and customers can use VOOY apps without allowing location data to be collected from their mobile devices. However, this can affect some available functions. For example, if a user does not allow location data to be collected, they must manually enter their starting point. In addition, location data collected from a Driver Member during a trip will be linked to the user’s account, even if they did not allow it to be collected, to generate receipts, provide customer support, detect fraud, and for insurers and litigation.
• Transaction information:
We collect transaction data related to the use of our services, including the type of service requested or provided, order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled and payment method.
• Usage data:
We collect information about how users interact with our services, such as the date and time of access, app features or page views, app failures and other system activities, browser type, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
• Device data:
We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including hardware models, IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, and device or mobile network motion information.
• Communication data:
We allow users to communicate with each other and VOOY through VOOY’s mobile apps and websites. For example, we allow communication between Driver Partners and users, and between restaurants or Delivery Partners and customers through calls, SMS or sending other files (usually without disclosing their phone numbers). To provide this service, VOOY receives certain data related to calls, SMS or other communications, such as your date, time and content. VOOY may also use this information to provide customer support services (including to resolve user disputes), for security purposes, to improve our products and services, and to perform analytics.
When using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you («Personal Data»). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
Cookies and usage data
We may also collect information that your browser sends each time you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device («Usage Data»).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, pages of our Service you visit, the time and date of your visit, time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service through or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, the unique identification of your mobile device, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also use beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to reject all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Examples of cookies we use:
C).- Data from other sources. This includes the following:
• User feedback, such as ratings, opinions, or recognitions.
• Users who participate in our referral programs.
• Users or other persons who provide data in connection with claims or conflicts.
• VOOY business partners through which users create or access your VOOY account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that VOOY.
• Providers that help us verify user identity, background information, and compliance with requirements to work for regulatory and security purposes.
• Insurance providers, vehicles or financial services for Driver Partners or Delivery Partners.
• Publicly available sources.
• Marketing service providers.
How VOOY use personal data.
VOOY collects and uses information to provide reliable and convenient transportation services and deliveries, as well as to offer other products and services. We also use the collected data to do the following:
• Improving the safety of users and services
• Providing customer support
• Perform research and development tasks
• Allow communication between users
• Send marketing and other communications to users
• Addressing issues related to legal proceedings
• To provide and maintain the good Service.
• To notify you of changes to our Service.
• To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
• Provide customer support and support Provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service to monitor the use of the Service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
VOOY does not sell or disclose personal user data to third parties for direct marketing purposes, unless users consent.
VOOY uses the information collected for the following purposes:
a.- Provide services and functions.
VOOY uses the data collected to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services.
This includes using them for the following:
• Create and update users’ accounts.
• Verify the identity, background and compliance with the requirements of Driver Partners and Delivery Partners.
• Allow transportation services, deliveries and others.
• Offer, process or facilitate payments for our services.
• Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance, vehicle, billing or financing solutions with respect to our services.
• Track the progress of trips or deliveries and share it.
• Activate features that allow users to share information with others, such as a Delivery Partner, or when users submit a recognition to a Driver Partner, refer a friend to VOOY, split rates, or share the Estimated Arrival and location with their contacts.
• Enable features to customize users’ VOOY accounts, such as bookmarking favorite locations, and allow quick access to previous destinations.
• Activate Accessibility features that facilitate the use of our services by users with disabilities.
• Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including fixing software errors and operational issues, performing analysis, testing and research, and tracking and analyzing usage trends and activities.
We use personal data to maintain the security and integrity of our services and users. This includes the following:
• Perform the process of selecting users, Driver Partners and Delivery Partners before allowing them to use our services and at subsequent intervals, including during background check reviews, where permitted by law, to prevent unreliable people from using our services.
• Use data from Driver Partner or Delivery Partner devices to identify unsafe driving behaviors, such as exceeding speed, or braking and accelerating sharply, and informing them of safer practices. We also use information from Delivery Partner devices to verify the type of vehicle they used to deliver.
• In certain regions we use information derived from driver’s license photos and other images sent to VOOY for security purposes. This also includes comparing photos (i) with those of other users to avoid identity lending and (ii) with those of public databases to verify the user’s identity.
• Use device, location, profile and usage data, among others, to prevent, detect and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
• Use user ratings and feedback to encourage compliance with our service and as a reason to deactivate or violate Driver And Delivery Partner accounts that violate those standards.
c.- Customer support.
VOOY uses the data we collect (such as recordings of customer support calls with notice to the user and their consent) to provide assistance, as follows:
• Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
• Investigate and address user concerns
• Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
d.- Research and development.
We may use the data we collect to conduct testing, research, analysis, product development and machine learning in order to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve the security of our services, as well as prevent their use for illegal or improper purposes, develop new functions and products, and facilitate insurance and finance proposals related to our services.
e.- Allow communications between users.
For example, a Driver Partner may send an SMS or call a user to confirm a starting point, a user may contact a Driver Partner to retrieve a forgotten item, or a Delivery Partner may call a customer to provide information about their order.
VOOY may use the collected data to market our services to users. This includes sending communications to users about VOOY services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
We may also send communications to our users about the products and services offered by VOOY Partners. While we may send communications to users about VOOY Partners’ products and services, we do not sell users’ personal data or share them with such Partners or others for direct marketing purposes, unless users consent.
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications we send (including ads), including based on location, previous use of VOOY services, and user preferences and settings.
g.- Non-commercial communications.
VOOY may use the data we collect to generate and provide receipts for users, inform them of changes to our terms, services or policies, or send other communications that are not intended to market the services or products of VOOY or its Partners.
h.- Legal procedures and requirements.
We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or resolve claims or disputes related to the use of VOOY services, or as permitted by applicable law, or upon request by regulatory bodies, government entities and official investigations.
i-. Automated decision-making
We use personal data to make automated decisions regarding the use of our services. This includes the following:
• Dynamic price activation, which determines the amount of a trip or the cost of shipping orders with VOOY, based on factors that vary constantly, such as estimated time and distance, expected route, expected transit, and number of users and Driver Partners using VOOY at a given time.
• Assignment of Driver Partners and Dealer Partners available to users requesting services. This process is based on availability, proximity and other factors.
• How driver and Delivery Partner ratings are determined, and their deactivation and that of users with low ratings.
• Deactivation of the accounts of those users involved in cases of fraud or activities that could in some way damage VOOY, its users and third parties. For example, in some cases, a user may be automatically deactivated if it is determined that they are abusing the VOOY referral program.
• Use of Driver Member location data and communications between users and Driver Partners to identify cancellation fees obtained or caused by fraud.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred and maintained on computers located outside your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the Mexican Republic and you decide to provide us with information, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, on various company-owned servers in the Mexican Republic and specifically there we will process such information.
Data Exchange and Disclosure
Some of VOOY’s products, services and features require us to exchange data with or at their request. We may also share information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and Partners for legal reasons, or related to claims or disputes.
VOOY may share the data we collect as follows:
1.- With other users
This includes the following data:
• Name, qualification, and starting point and destination of users with Driver Partners.
• Name of users with other passengers on a ride-sharing. These users can also see the fate of the other passengers on the same trip.
• Name, delivery address and order details of customers with the Delivery Partner. We may also share ratings and feedback, or other information, to the extent required by law, with the Delivery Partner.
• In the case of Driver Partners and Delivery Partners, we may share data with users and customers, including their name and photo, make, model, color, license plate and vehicle photo, location (before and during the trip), average rating provided by users, total number of trips, time of use of the VOOY app, contact details (according to applicable laws) , and profile of the Driver Partner or The Delivery Partner, including acknowledgements and other comments submitted by previous users. We also provide users and customers with receipts that include information, such as a breakdown of the amounts charged, the name of the Driver Member or The Delivery Partner and their photo, road map and any other required data on the invoices where the Managing Partner or Delivery Partner operates.
• In the case of those who participate in the VOOY referral program, we share certain personal data of those referred to, such as the travel count, with the user who invited them, to the extent necessary to determine the promotion.
2.- At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with the following parts:
• Other people at the user request. For example, we share a user estimated arrival and location with a friend upon request, or a user travel details when they split a fare with someone else.
• VOOY Business Partners. For example, if a user requests a service through an association or a promotional offer made by a third party, VOOY may share certain data with those parties.
3.- With the general public:
Questions or comments from users sent through public forums, such as VOOY blogs and social media, may be available to everyone, such as personal data included in questions or comments submitted by a user.
4.- With the VOOY account holder
If a user requests a trip or meal through an account belonging to another person, we may share order or trip details, including real-time location data, with the account holder.
5.- With subsidiaries and affiliates of VOOY
We share information with subsidiaries and affiliates that help us provide services or perform data processing tasks on our behalf.
6.- With VOOY service providers and business partners
VOOY provides data to suppliers, consultants, marketing partners, market research companies and other service providers or business partners. These include:
• Payment processors and facilitators
• Identity and Background Verification Providers (Driver Partners and Delivery Partners only)
• Cloud storage providers.
• Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services
• Data analytics providers
• Research partners, including those conducting surveys or research projects associated with or on behalf of VOOY.
• Providers who assist VOOY to improve the security and protection of their apps.
• Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
• Fleet partners.
• Financial and insurance partners.
7.- For legal reasons or in the face of a conflict.
VOOY may share users personal data if required to do so by applicable law, regulation, license or operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where disclosure is appropriate due to security matters. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement, public health agents, other government entities, airports (if required by airport authorities as a condition of operating on their premises) or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements or other policies, protect VOOY rights or property, or the rights of VOOY, or the rights of VOOY, or the rights of VOOY , security or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute related to the use of our services. If you use someone else’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, such as travel or order information, with the cardholder.
8.- With consent
VOOY may share a user personal data differently from that described in this notice if we notify you, and the user agrees to the exchange of information.
VOOY may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• Comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of VOOY
• To prevent or investigate potential violations in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect yourself from legal liability
• Data security
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
VOOY may collect and use personal data in accordance with the consent granted by the user. For example, we may collect personal information through voluntary surveys. Your responses will be collected according to your consent and will be deleted when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were obtained.
If a user consents to your personal information being collected or used, you can revoke it at any time. However, you may not use any service or function that requires collecting or using this data.
We may employ companies and third-party individuals to facilitate our Service («Service Providers»), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform services related to the Service, or to help us analyze how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only strictly to perform these tasks on our behalf and are required not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to other sites.
We have no control over or assume any responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of third-party sites or services.
Privacy of Minors.
Our Service is not addressed to anyone underage. (18 years)
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and know that your children have provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from a minor without verification of parental consent, we immediately take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Mexico user rights.
These following rights are known under Mexican legislation as “ARCO rights.”
If you’re an VOOY user in Mexico, you have the following rights with respect to VOOY handling of your personal information:
User options and transparency.
VOOY allows users to access and control the data it collects.
VOOY also allows users to request access to or copies of their data, changes, updates or deletion of their accounts, or to have VOOY restrict the processing of their personal information.
A.- Privacy settings
The settings menu in the VOOY app gives users the ability to set or update location sharing preferences and receive mobile notifications from VOOY. The following is data on these settings, how to set or change them, and what happens if they are turned off.
VOOY uses Location Services on its users devices to make it easier for them to request a trip when they need it. This data helps us improve our services, such as travel starts, navigation and customer support.
Users can allow or prevent VOOY from collecting location data from their mobile devices through the Privacy Settings menu in the VOOY app. Users and customers can turn such collections on or off through their mobile device settings.
Users who allowed location data from their mobile device to be collected may also authorize VOOY to share it with the Driver Partner from the time they request the trip until it starts. This can help improve travel starts for both Driver Partners and users, particularly in busy areas.
Users can turn this feature on or off through the Privacy Settings menu in the VOOY app.
Users who allowed VOOY to collect location data from their mobile device can also activate the emergency data sharing feature that shares details with police, firefighters and ambulance services. These details include the approximate location at the time the emergency call was made, make, model, car color and license plate, user name and phone number, departure point and destination, and Driver Partner name.
Users can turn this feature on or off through the Privacy Settings menu or The Security Center in the VOOY app.
VOOY sends users travel status notices and updates related to their accounts. These notices are required to use the VOOY app and cannot be disabled. However, they can choose the method by which they are received from the Privacy Settings menu in the VOOY app.
Users can allow VOOY to send them push notifications with company discounts and news. These notifications can be turned on or off from the Privacy Settings menu in the VOOY app.
B. Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) defined certain types of data on devices that apps cannot access without owner authorization, and these platforms have different methods to obtain. On iOS devices, users are notified the first time the VOOY app requests permission to access certain types of data and have the option to grant or reject it. On Android devices, they will be notified what permissions the VOOY app needs before they first use it, and using the app will constitute such consent.
C. Ratings consultation
After each trip, Driver Partners and users can rate each other with a 1-5 scale. The average of those grades is associated with a user’s account and is shown to the people they are provided to or receive services from.
This mutual rating system holds everyone accountable for their behavior, helping to create a respectful and safe environment for users and Driver Partners.
D. How to unsubscribe from marketing messages
Users can choose not to receive promotional emails from VOOY.
They may also choose not to receive emails or other VOOY messages using the unsubscribe instructions included in those notifications. However, we may still send messages to users who have decided not to receive non-promotional communications, such as travel receipts or account information.
E. Requesting user data
VOOY offers users various ways to learn, control and send questions and comments about VOOY’s handling of their data.
• Data Access: Users can ask for an explanation of why we collect their data and how we use it.
• Receiving data: Users may request a copy of the data that VOOY collects from them with their consent or as necessary to provide our services.
• Change or update data: Users can edit the name, phone number, email address, payment method and photo associated with their account through the Settings menu in the VOOY apps or on the Driver Member portal. They may also request that VOOY change or update their information, even if they feel that it is not accurate or incomplete.
• Data deletion: Users can request deletion of their account at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the VOOY app, or through the VOOY website.
• Objections, Restrictions and Claims: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or limit such use. VOOY may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
By email: email@example.com